Friday, April 23, 2010

Saltzburg

First stop today were the salt mines of Salzburg.  Very interesting journey into the salt mines and a couple of neat rides on the slides used by the miners to drop to lower levels of the mines.  The hike through the mines actually crosses the border from Austria to Germany and back again to Austria. We didn't get to keep the white protective gear. Good thing .. they added at least 20 lbs to our sleek physiques.  Definitely not the place for folks with claustrophobia.


Next we toured Salzburg - quaint, beautiful, friendly.  This is Shari in front of the home where Mozart was born.









































The churches were beautiful - not overly large - but elegant.




































1 comment:

  1. Hey mom and dad you guys look like your having fun! Mom I'm scandalized your wearing pants! I miss you guys like crazy and I can't wait to hear from you! Call me soon please I want to talk to you voice to voice... I'm having a great time here at the Hatty's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete